Tuesday, March 28, 2006

March 31st

Just wanted to remind everyone about Friday night. We’ll be gathering again at 7:00 pm. We’ll have your typical coffee and snacks. And this week, we’ll order some pizza and whoever wants in on it can just pitch in some money.

So if you think you’ll want pizza, just email me back and let me know so I’ll know how much to order.

I know our last conversation got a little off topic. Consequently, we ended up spending time in conversation that may not have been as fruitful as it could have been. We also moved away from a conversation that is centered on movement, on how our faith engages and compels us to move forward faithfully. I take full responsibility for not steering our talk and keeping it focused on the topic at hand. I’m ADD and am also very opinionated. Thrown in with other strong opinions and a room full of coffee cups and Dance, Dance Revolution adrenaline, you can see how we got off into a heated discussion that was situated in left field. So this week I promise not to let the conversation get so “heady”, academic, or heated. But please come ready to discuss and share your thoughts.

So this week, I’m going to try and take more of an active role in keeping our talk focused. We’re also going to keep our conversation on the topic to an hour and a half tops. So we’ll be done at 8:30 at the latest. I don’t know about everybody else, but 2.5 hours is a bit much for me. And this week, everyone is welcome to stay afterwards where we can do whatever our moods should fancy.

I really appreciate everyone opening up and sharing last week though. And good news for those of you who are tired of the “talk-a-lot-ers”, we’re thinking about putting a time limit on those of us who can’t shut up.

So read Movement Three in Velvet Elvis. And we’ll see you Friday night. Remember to let us know if you want pizza.

Here are some pictures from our last gathering. We're geeks with the DDR, I know.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home